Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Carmen's Letter to John Key the Prime Minister

When I heard the name John Key I started to panic "what should I write?" but I got there in the end. 
Hope you enjoy reading my letter   :-)








Carmen .A.
81 Tihi St
Stonefields School
AUCKLAND


John Key
Prime Minister
Parliament Building
Wellington
New Zealand
6160


17 March 2016


Dear John Key,


My name is Carmen ,I’m a year six girl at Stonefields School. I live with my family in
St John's in Auckland.


I strongly believe that the New Zealand flag should stay the same for the following 3 reasons.


Firstly, the New Zealand flag has lots of memories of the Anzac War like how people died to protect New Zealand under the flag, so we could have a better world without war and disturbance to New Zealand. Also my sister is a brownie/girl guide and it means so much to keep the original flag as it is.


Secondly, the current flag suits New Zealand perfectly, the blue comes from the sea/ocean.
The Union Jack image represents how we used to be a part of the British empire. The southern cross represents the stars at night that watch over us and guide us south.


Finally I know the flag referendum would cost over $26 million. I know it’s not much for you, but think about the homeless they don't have as much money, and cancer, think about that. They need money, don’t get me started on a rest home oh boy they need money and hospitals, doctors, schools, kindergarten lots of other places that I probably don’t know about yet.

That's why I think we should keep the original flag as it is. 


Yours Sincerely Carmen A

2 comments:

  1. I think I did a good job at that letter and let me know what you think about the letter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen, I think you have done a good job stating your opinion too. You've backed it up with three clear reasons and used a persuasive writing format to do so. Well Done.
    Mrs Parker

    ReplyDelete