Pages

Saturday 17 December 2016

Pativai's Activity 2

Activity 2

On Google, research the country that you have chosen to visit and write, in your own words, three interesting facts about that country. They must be facts that weren’t already provided on the World Map.

My country was Australia . My first fact, that Australia is the sixth largest country by the area it is pretty big but not to big to beat Russia and Asia. Fact 2. Did you know that Australia's name came from the people in Latin Australia actually means southern so that is pretty cool to know where the name came from.Fact 3. Australia held two Olympic games the first one was in 1956 in Melbourne and the second one in 2000 in Sydney.

I knew this fact new Zealand changed their flag, because I had researched this and found cool things and I shared it to my family when the news came on with New Zealand is about to change their flag. Australia had claimed their Flag eleventh of January 1903 but claimed their flag on September the 3rd 1901. We claimed our flag on twenty fourth of march 1902 but started using the flag since 1869.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Pativai, those are some really cool facts! I didn't know the details of our flag changes, but that is really interesting! Thanks so much for going over and above a simple two facts for this activity, I love learning too, so the more interesting things there are to learn the better!

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    Tino pai!


    Mark

    ReplyDelete