Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Activity 1: What sport would I compete in? By: Shanya

What sport I would compete in the 1st olympics? Why?  

I would choose the pentathlon. I choose pentathlon because most of the sports in the pentathlon I am good at. Most of them I enjoy doing, but I mostly like long jump. So that is why I choose the pentathlon for the sport I would complete in!

What is Pentathlon?
Pentathlon – an event where athletes had to compete in five separate activities – running, long jump, discus, javelin and wrestling.


Image result for pentathlon olympics olympia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shayna,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey! It is so great to see that you have chosen to join our blogging team. Awesome.

    It is also awesome to see that you have chosen pentathlon as your sport of choice. It sounds so interesting, doesn't it? The five sports that are included are quite different from one another and would require each pentathlete to be fast, strong and agile.

    After reading through your post I wonder why we don't have this version of the pentathlon in our modern day Olympics games. We do have a 'modern pentathlon' that involves fencing, swimming, show jumping, pistol shooting and cross country running. Sadly, there is no long jump included in the modern pentathlon...

    I am really looking forward to reading your blogs over the next two weeks. I think that I am going to learn a lot about the Olympics from you!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanya - I am so sorry! My computer autocorrected the spelling of your name and changed it from 'Shanya' to 'Shayna.' I will double check the spelling before I hit 'publish' next time. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete