Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Mayas Dear diary

WALHT: to use our senses to show rather than tell.
Learning Progression: Structure and Language. Use Visual features to engage the audience and convey meaning.

WWII,_Europe,_France,_"Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_-_U.S._Troops_wading_through_water_and_Nazi_gunfire"_-_NARA_-_195515.jpg

BK: Here is a picture called ‘Into the Jaws of Death.’ Taken by Robert F. Sargent June 6, 1944

MM: Complete a Y chart on a mini whiteboard first about what you would have seen, heard, and felt jumping out of the boat on the dawn of June 6 1944.

AU: Pretend you are one of these soldiers and write a diary account of the day you went to war.

You will attend a workshop on Monday to help you with this task.
Dear Diary
I jumped into the water  I could feel the water getting colder and colder every minute.I felt my heart going faster and faster as I begin to feel frightened.Then out of nowhere boom boom my fellow soldier was sinking into the deep blue ocean he had been shot.I could feel tears falling down my cheeks and i knew i had to be very quiet as we were getting closer then boom before I knew it we were at war i was shooting so much that my hand started to feel numb.I slowly started to walk back up onto land and hit one of the soldiers dead.I got shot back the pain was like a shark crunching the boat to pieces.Then I ran into the ocean as fast as a cheetah would run away from its enemy and went down into the water to retrieve my friend and he slowly woke up he was alive and when I knew it I was dead boom boom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment